Periodontics is about the treatment of gingival illnesses. Periodontitis is an inflammation caused by bacteria of the periodontium (root cement, rootskin and jawbones). It causes gum bleeding, bone loss, loosening and thus loss of teeth. Furthermore periodontitis may cause circulatory, respiratory or joint disease and can even lead to miscarriage.
A modern periodontic treatment includes a long-lasting removal of bacteria and positively influences the dental and general health. Therefore a regular prophylaxis is necessary.
Our standardized systematic therapy includes the following steps:
- evaluation of the periodontitis using modern periodontal diagnostics
- conservative and surgical therapy
- plastic periodontal surgery improving the functionality of the gum
- minimal invasive and microsurgical operation technology
- systematic peridontal aftercare